- This thing is HEAVY. 15 pounds to be exact.
- Directions suggest preheating your oven with the Baking Steel in it for a minimum of 45 minutes at 500 degrees F.
- The size with weight bring up the whole storage issue.
- The plate stained on the first use
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
- 3 cups all purpose gluten free white flour + extra for dusting
- 1 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 yeast packet or 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 4 T oil
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup coby jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cup chicken
- 1 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 red onion thinly sliced in rings
- Place Baking Steel in oven and preheat to 500 degree for 45 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup of liquid to 100 degree and add yeast. Allow to stand 5 minutes until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine all remaining ingredients plus yeast and mix well. Dough will appear dry.
- Knead dough by hand for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. If dough is extremely dry and crumbles with pressure, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time until dough comes together. Cover bowl and allow dough to rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide dough into desired portion, cover the rest of the dough to avoid it drying out.
- On a well floured parchment paper surface, press dough out as flat and thin as possible starting from the middle out.
- Dock or prick the dough with a fork to avoid air large bubbles. Evenly apply sauce and toppings.
- Use another cookie sheet or pizza peel to move and slide pizza onto Baking Steel.
- Cook until crust in brown and cheese is golden brown. Cooking times will vary, approximate times: small 8 inch 6-9 minutes 14 inch 10-13 minutes
- Carefully remove pizza from the oven with the same cookie sheet or peel. (Do NOT try and remove the pizza with the Baking Steel. It’s still a screaming hot 500 degrees and it will burn ya!)
- Allow pizza to cool off 2-3 minutes before slicing. Enjoy the crispiest thinnest crust ever!
Some other recipes you might like: