with flavor along with the perfect chewy texture, any good rice should have. I’ve been looking
quality black rice for a long time. Since all rice isnaturally gluten free, I had high hopes that
Mr. N would tolerate this without problems. And he did. In fact, he loved it so much he
ended up having too much of a good thing (fiber) if you get what I’m sayin’ 😉
tell you this is high in antioxidants. Just how high? Well, studies have said black rice matches blueberries spoon for spoon. Again, pretty amazing.
them to enjoy too.
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 3/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 organic celery stalks
- 2 organic carrots
- 1/2 organic red pepper
- 2-3 green onion stalks
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime juice
- 3 T oil (use 1 T oil for stir frying)
- salt to taste (omit if using stock)
- Wash black rice in a strainer and place in rice cooker with liquid. Cook and allow too cool.
- Wash and chop vegetables in thin diagonal slices. Wash cilantro and coarsely chop and set aside.
- Stir fry on a heated pan with 1 T oil for 2-3 minutes, more if you like your vegetables softer.
- Combine rice, vegetables, oil and cilantro. Squeeze lime over and gently toss to coat. Salt to taste.