Remember how I mentioned my son recently passed his Oat food challenge? It’s still so exciting since it’s huge option for adding more nutrition and variety. If I had a recipe for granola bars he could actually eat them. Hmm… that will be added to the list of “must make”.
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole blackberries
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 T oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Broil oats until just lightly brown. Allow to cool. Add maple syrup.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Wash blackberries and shake off excess water.
- Zest lemon with a grater. Squeeze half a lemon and strain the seeds.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except blackberries) and mix well.
- Pour into greased large muffin tins 2/3 of the way. Gently submerge 4-6 blackberries for each muffin.
- Evenly distribute oats on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean in the center.
- Remove from the muffin tins and move to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Some other recipes you may like: