These are great fresh off the stove! This was such a simple recipe, that turned out wonderful.
I’ve been looking for a good gluten free tortilla for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of brands that were safe for all of our allergies. Unfortunately, they tasted bad. Really bad. They were dry in texture and tasted like cardboard. I didn’t enjoy eating them and I had to choke down every bite.
I wish I would have tried making these sooner. The reason it took me so long was because I thought Mr. Naughty was allergic to corn. Thankfully, he is not. This opens up so many new options.
These take a little time to make but are worth it. The prep and clean up is minimal. Make a bunch and freeze for later. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups masa harina corn flour
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups very warm water
- oil for pan
- salt (optional)
- Combine salt and flour in a bowl and mix well. Carefully add warm water
- Mix with spoon until a dough forms. Hand mix until smooth. Dough should be soft an pliable. If it cracks or feels dry in you hands add a little more water.
- Divide dough in half. Take half the dough an divide into 6 equal balls.
- Roll out ball between parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry on each side 2-3 minutes.
- Wrap in a towel to keep warm.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze for a later use.