you know what I’m talking about. The smell permeates the air and makes you salivate. You
wait by the oven door. You count the minutes on the timer. Ding! It’s so fresh it burns your
hands and mouth. But you have to eat it this way. You cannot stop yourself.
preheat oven to 375 bake for 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cheese (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup (slightly less) warm milk of choice
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- 4 T oil
- 2-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cream or milk of choice to brush the tops
- Warm up milk in microwave to 100 degrees. Add sugar and yeast. Mix and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes or until frothy and foaming.
- Combine all dry ingredient in a bowl with cheese and mix. Add in yeast mixture and stir.
- Knead dough by hand for 1 minute to help activate the gum. Dough will be slightly sticky but should not stick to hands, add more flour if too sticky.
- Place dough between parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Carefully peel the top layer of parchment paper off. Replace top and flip. Peel off bottom layer. (this will allow you to move the dough in strips and hopefully not break.)
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Take a strip and first twist the dough. Then form into a circle and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until dough is gone.
- Cover dough with plastic and allow to rest and rise for 10 minutes.
- Brush the tops of rolls with cream or milk to help brown. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to slightly cool.
- Crush garlic using a garlic press and combine with oil and salt. Add in chopped parsley.
- Brush the tops of the baked knot rolls with mixture and garnish with extra cheese.
- Best served warm from the pan.