The problem with that is it takes so much prep time. Mixing the dough, shaping it, baking, and allowing it to cool. Then the clean up. All the bowls for mixing and the mixer itself. It probably takes from 45mins-1hour just to make the crust!
I wanted pizza and I didn’t have time to make the crust? My solution was to used my homemade bread to make individual pizzas by the slice (literally). I always freeze bread I make to use when needed. Due to all the allergies we have, I still find myself making fresh baked bread. I cannot find a premade allergy friendly bread that is also palatable. Plus I love the way the house smells.
I made this 2 times this week, once with on the stove and in the oven. Really this could be an open faced “grill cheese” pizza. That was my original intention. It morphed into pizza because I need a sauce to hide the vegetables 😉
Another bonus: is clean up is minimal. Be sure to make extra, it’s great the next day too!
Ingredients preheat oven to 375
- 8 slices gluten free bread
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups frozen vegetables
- half jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices gluten free pepperoni
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spread with slices of bread.
- Add spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce to cover slices. Add vegetables and cover with cheese and pepperoni.
- Place in oven and bake 10-14 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.