While they were here, I was actually able to get out of the house.
- I was out on a date with my husband! (always a win in my book)
- I had the option of ordering a beer.
- Soy sauce.
- Dipping sauces.
Yes, I cheated. But an important thing to know about me is, I personally don’t have any food allergies. It’s true. I switched my diet while nursing and up to this point haven’t have the opportunity to cheat. And it was good. I won’t be making this a habit though.
With my husband’s parents around, I was also able to cook and bake more. Here’s another great pumpkin recipe.
This are basically pancakes baked into a mini donut shape. There’s hardly any added oil and sugar is optional. I opted not to add any sugar since I used yogurt as a frosting/dip.
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 T canola oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T egg replacer
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 T sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in remaining ingredeints and mix to form a thick batter.
- Carefully pour spoonfuls of batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.