If you haven’t noticed already, I really love anything with pumpkin. So of course, I needed to make a
In my previous post, I mention my in-laws are here visiting us for a week. It’s been so much fun catching up with my Mom. It’s nice to sit and talk about the kids and what we’ve been up to. My mom is so easy to talk. She’s just so nice and approachable. The kids just adore her and my dad whenever they come up to visit.
Sir was also excited for all the extra attention! He would not stop talking about all his books and favorite games he plays. He is a huge fan of Angry Birds! He loves them so much, in his free time at school, he draws different the levels in the game.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Rice chex cereal
- 3 T melted palm shortening
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 T sugar
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 T gluten free all purpose flour
- Prepare the Crust: Crush or food process cereal. Unprocessed cereal measured out to a little more than 4 cups.
- Combine shortening and cereal crumbs mixing well. Make sure all crumbs are coated with shortening.
- Evenly press mixture into a 9 inch spring pan.
- Prepare Filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for at least 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- After 1 hour, increase the temperature to 375 degrees for at least 15 minutes.
- Check center with toothpick. If the toothpick comes out very gooey, continue to bake an additional 15 minutes. Recheck.