The Original Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread w/Teff
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
Ingredients Bake at 325
- 1 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups grated organic zucchini
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup non hydrogenated palm shortening
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 T molasses
- Wash and shred zucchini with a grater. Squeeze out excess water by wringing in a towel.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Combine with all wet ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour + 20 mins (low and slow gets it done right). Use a thermometer to check internal temp, once it reaches 190 degrees F it’s done.
- Allow bread to cool on a wire rack before slicing.