- 7 slices thick cut bacon (I used a nitrate free version)
- 1/2 cup bacon grease (bacon drippings + more oil if needed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1 bag spinach leaves or favorite salad mix (16 oz)
- 1-2 cups grape tomatoes (optional)
- Wash and boil potatoes with skin on until fork tender. Set aside and allow to cool. Cut into quarters.
- Fry bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside. Remove pan from heat to allow oil to cool off a bit.
- Save the drippings and measure. I needed to add about 3 T avocado to oil to reach 1/2 cup of oil total.
- Carefully add oil, vinegar, sugar and salt back to the pan. Gently whisk together until sugar dissolves. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Wash spinach leaves and tomatoes. Toss in potatoes, bacon and drizzle with bacon vinaigrette.
- Serve warm.
Some other things you may like: