This post is from a very special guest, my son-Sir. Please keep in mind he’s only 6 and is currently obsessed with anything Star Wars related.
Me: What do you want to talk about?
Sir: Lego Star Wars!!!
Sir: (asking all of you) What do you like about it? Do you even know about Star Wars?! Some of the characters I really like are Luke Skywalker, General Grivious, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Boba Fett, Gonk Droids and R2-D2. I like playing Star Wars on the Wii with Mommy. She didn’t know that you could buy characters. I tried to show her the different ones and she bought a GONK droid on accident!
Me: They probably don’t know what a Gonk Droid is.
Sir: What?! How do they not know what gonk is? It’s a square box with little leggies that kick when you knock it over. It’s really funny. They should know this…
Me: Well honey, most people probably don’t play Lego Star Wars or know all the little characters that don’t really do anything in the movies.
Sir: But do they know what a SUPER GONK is?! It’s just like a gonk droid but faster.
Me: Probably not. What else do you want to talk about?
Sir: More gonk droids!
Sir: Should we tell them about how we are the gonks and knock each other over and we pretend our cereal boxes are gonk droids and we knock them over, its so funny! It’s funny at the beginning when the game shows Luke accidentally hitting C3-PO in the head with his light sabre (don’t worry it’s just a cartoon) and everyone’s mouth is open because they are surprised. (laughs uncontrollaby)
Me: Is there anything else you want to talk about? How about how you are in karate, or take piano lessons or how about T-Ball?
Sir: No. That’s boring. Am I done? I have to poop…. (getting down from his chair and sprinting to the bathroom)
Alrighty then. That’s my son. I’m sure he would have also mentioned how much he loved these muffins. These were really simple to make.
The only NOTE I’d like to add, is how important it is to warm up your liquids if you are using frozen blueberries. The batter will be too cold and might result in a gummy center. This happened to me a the first few times using frozen fruits in gluten free baking, so I just don’t risk it. You could thaw the berries ahead of time but mixing them would turn your batter purple. Not a deal breaker, still delicious but just sayin.
Enjoy these for breakfast or anytime. These disappeared quickly…
Orange Blueberry Muffins (gluten free Vegan)
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose hybrid flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 T oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 T molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 zest of one organic orange
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T orange juice
- 2-3 tsp extra orange zest
Directions See Note above
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Wash orange extremely well and use a grater and zest orange peel. Set aside zest and squeeze orange.
- Add all liquid ingredients together and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Combine dry, liquid and orange zest together and mix well.
- Gently fold in frozen blueberry. Don’t mix too much or else batter will turn blue.
- Pour into a lined or greased muffin tin. Makes about 14-15 large muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy as is or top with orange glaze
- Combine and mix all ingredients for the glaze.
Some other things you may like: