These chocolate gluten free cookie dough spiders would be a perfect treat. They’re
great for a classroom treat since they are dairy free, egg free, peanut free, tree nut free,
soy free and Vegan.
that’s perfect for Sir and his STAR WARS obsession. He’s going to be the bounty hunter,
Boba Fett. He also thinks the entire family should join him. Mr. N would be Yoda, my
husband would be Darth Vader and I should be Padme Amadala… Yeah, don’t think that’s
gonna happen. (I ended up as Darth Vader, not even kidding!)
ok with the vampire thing if it were Twilight vamps, though.) 😉
nursery rhymes into a poop-fest of silliness.
things instead of any educational reading. It was a riot. 😀
go BIG with gross. When Sir was just 3 years old he loved this bug book that had some
pictures that were just too real. One page had a huge dust mite zoomed up to fill the entire
The joke in the house was leaving that book in various places with the dust mite page
open to scare my husband. (It wasn’t me! It was something Sir dreamed up one day.) My
poor husband would come home from work and scream when he went to the closet for
comfortable clothes… the bathroom the next day…. kitchen the next. I think this went on for
close to a month straight.
My husband really ended up hating that book and wished it would disappear.
But the favorite book in the house is currently the National Geographic Spider book. In
additional to that, we have 2 disgustingly huge Red Kneed Tarantula stuffed animals,
named Terry and Harry. Annnd I have to say, the whole gross spider thing has grown on me.
They’re so gross, they are almost cute. (Just as long as they are not real and crawling around
Made from cookie dough that is eggless and gluten free as well.
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 T coconut oil or other oil of choice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 T egg replacer + 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 bag EnerG GF circle pretzels
- 1 full bag of Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar + water (optional eyes)
- Combine oil, sugar, egg replacer, water, applesauce, lemon juice and gum. Beat with a mixer on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add baking soda and gradually add in flour. Mix well until all combined. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Break pretzels into quarters. (They will break unevenly. I even tried cutting with knife. )
- Scoop chilled dough into approximately 1 inch ball and shape one side into a point (this is the abdomen) . Scoop another ball about 1/2 inch (head). Use a pretzel piece as the ‘neck’ to hold the 2 pieces together.
- Push 4 pretzel pieces on each side for legs on the abdomen piece. Place back in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes and melt chocolate.
- Melt half chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Pour remaining chips to melt and remove from heat.
- Dip in chocolate and lay on parchment paper.
- For eyes simply add 1-2 teaspoons water to powdered sugar until a thick consistency forms. Use a zip lock with a cut corner to pipe on eyes, mouth or details you’d like.