I hope you enjoy these. We loved making them together. Spend some quality time with your family today.
Ingredients preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 2 cup all purpose gluten free flour*
- 1/2 cup Montasio cheese
- 1 organic pear
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup palm shortening or butter
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum*
- 1 (slightly less) cup whole milk + more for to brush tops
- Peel and slice pear. Reserve 1/3 for slices on top. Chop remaining into bite size pieces.
- Chop fresh rosemary.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening with a fork or use hands until shortening is pea size.
- Add milk, rosemary, and pear.
- Press dough between parchment paper to 3/4 inch thick. Cut into circles.
- Transfer biscuits to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with extra cheese and rosemary. Serve warm!