Avocado really make a great pair. Really! I know it sounds weird and maybe even a little gross for some, but I’m telling you Chocolate and Avocado go together.
I’ve been dreaming of mint meltways for a very long time now. Chocolate and mint are my ultimate duo for desserts. Second, would be chocolate and peanut butter but that has been banned for life for the safety of the kids. But I still miss some foods. Not to mention the nutrition associated with many of them. Know what I mean? Are there any foods you miss or wish you could eat but can’t due to food allergies?
I’m still not sure how to make a proper unhealthy and unnatural meltaway without corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and eggs. But I hope you like this healthy attempt.
Disclaimer: You will taste the avocado in these. I won’t lie. So if you’re not a fan of avocado you might want to skip this one. But you could always try my trifle and truffle recipes where you really can’t taste the avocado in those.
Author: Laura @ PetiteAllergyTreats
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 large ripe bananas
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/4-1/2 tsp mint extract
- Puree avocados and banana. Pour into an 8×8 pan and place in freezer until solid.
- Remove from pan and cut into desired shapes and sizes. Place back into freezer.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips.
- Dip frozen bites in chocolate and allow to dry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Make sure you cubes are frozen solid or else they will melt and fall apart in the chocolate. Please see my notes.)
- Enjoy now or freeze for later.