I think it turned out well :0) The best part is how easy it really is. No mixer or waiting for the dough to rise. The kids can help make it too. Make it today!
Palm shortening is dairy free but can be difficult to find. The brand I use is organic and non-hydrogenated which can be found on Amazon. Spectrum Organic Palm Shortening
- 2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm milk of choice or water
- 2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 oz apple sauce
- 2 T melted palm shortening
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 T melted palm shortening
3. Pour yeast mixture in and mix by hand. The dough should be more like a thick batter consistency. You shouldn’t be able to make a dense solid ball in your hand. It should and will be soft. If dropped, it should flatten. Add more milk if batter is too thick.
4. For the topping: In a separate bowl melt shortening. In another separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round pan with extra shortening. Lightly sprinkle pan with 1 T of cinnamon sugar mix for the topping.