Chocolate donuts are something special. Or donuts of any kind really. Chocolate donuts are our favorite by far but the S’mores donut comes in a close second. Is it just me or do donuts usually show up on lazy days like the weekend? Or if you’re like us, just about any day in Summer. 😀
Are you ready for school? I’ve gotten spoiled with a laissez-faire schedule for Summer. We wake up eat and ‘what do you feel like doing’ kinds of days. I’m ready for the learning to start but school is hard on kids. 8 hours of attention for anyone is difficult.
Confession: I would get so bored in college lectures I fell asleep many times. Not proud to admit it, but true. Still managed to get top grades though. 😛
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free hybrid flour
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 T oil (I used avocado)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Donuts– Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into donut pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center. Allow donuts to cool on a wire rack.
- Glaze– Melt half to chocolate chips in the microwave. Mix in remaining chips and stir until melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top. Enjoy!
Notes: These freeze extremely well. Just allow the chocolate glaze to set and place in the freezer for quick grab and go. And since these only contain 2 T of oil for the entire batch, I’d say it’s healthy enough for a regular breakfast treat.
Some other things you may like:
Baked S’mores Donuts (gluten free, Vegan)