Any gluten free bagel is a good thing but Gluten Free Spinach Onion Bagels add a tons of flavor and antioxidants. Made allergy friendly without dairy or egg to make these free of the top 8 food allergens.
Gluten Free Spinach & Onion Bagels (Egg Free Vegan Dairy Free)
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
Bake at 450 for 10-18 minutes makes about 14 mini or 6 large bagels
- 3 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose white blend
- 1 cup milk of choice or water
- 3/4 cup spinach puree + 2 tsp water (approximately 3 cups fresh spinach)
- 2 T caramelized onion (1/4 onion + oil)
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast or 1 packet
- 3 tsp guar gum
- 3 tsp powdered pectin
- 3 T oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Heat liquid to 100 degrees. Add yeast and mix and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, gum, pectin and salt.
- Puree spinach with 2 tsp water in a high powdered blender until smooth. A food processor might not be able to get it as smooth.
- In large bowl combine spinach, water/milk and 2 T oil. Gradually mix in all the flour mixture by hand to avoid big lumps. Mix until all incorporated and smooth.
- Finely chop onion and sauté with a little oil until they reach a brown caramel color. Allow to cool for 3 minutes before adding to dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or small measuring cup to scoop the dough. With wet hands form dough into a ball and use a finger to poke a hole in the center. Gently shape into bagel form by expanding the hole. Place on a individual piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (see pic)
- Spray tops with oil, cover with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes. (Don’t allow to double in size or else it will lose its shape and fall apart in the bath.)
- Bring large pot of water to a rapid boil. Gently drop a max of 2 bagels in the water and boiled each side for only 30 seconds each side. Remove individual parchment paper pieces and place back on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degree for 10-14 mins for mini, 14-18 mins for large or until golden brown.
Some other things you may like:
GiGi Eats says
OMG! I LOVE how green these look prior to being baked!!