It’s the exhausting season… For a delicious pick-me-up, grab some refined sugar free Vegan Raw Espresso Coffee Cream Bars. These food allergy friendly coffee bars are dairy free and nut free bars combine the flavors of chocolate and coffee to make an ice cream like texture that is also gluten free with a pumpkin seed crust. A Top 8 Food Allergen treat made for adults!
Psssst… Heeeey. Are the kids gone? Ok, go distract them or wait until you’re alone to read this. Yes. This post may be inappropriate for children. It is Rated C. Instead of my usual kid friendly food allergy recipes, I throwing it all out the window for all you special adults. You lovely exhausted special adults.
As you can tell from post title, this is all about COFFEE. Ah, coffee… Such a wonderful friend you can always depend on. Coffee won’t judge when you’re tired and crabby. Coffee will love you regardless and turn that tired frown upside down. Coffee will actually “buy” you friends…buy a cup of joe for a co-worker and instantly a bond has formed. Coffee is the way of life.
What’s that? Not on the coffee train? Get on board, you might like it.
I’ll admit did not like the taste of coffee, H-A-T-E-D the taste in fact. I started out with hot chocolate and just a half spoonful of instant coffee crystals (I know, gross right? My husband and I both were not coffee drinkers but had the instant crystal around incase anyone wanted coffee.) You must either be really young and full of energy or haven’t experienced true and utter sleep deprivation from children.
I remember in college being able to complete my 40 hour unpaid internship and then work my 20 hour weekends.
Never a day off.
Not a single cup of coffee.
I didn’t this vicious cycle for 6 YEARS straight.
I’m pretty sure I was invincible then. And then I had children. Kids zap the energy from you. #truth
Anyways, regular coffee is now a must and espresso powder an amazing baking element as well! Obviously, these coffee cream bars won’t be for the kids but they will reap the benefits of a non crabby parent. 😀
So if you’re exhausted from the Thanksgiving, shopping or are you stressed out because you haven’t started your shopping yet? Have no fear. My good friend, Coffee will help you. Coffee has convinced me to create these refined sugar Vegan Raw Espresso Coffee Cream Bars. It’s your chocolate, sweet and source of quick energy to just get the job done. The coconut cream combined with the date paste is not sickly sweet either. The bars are sweet enough and contain no refined sugar as an added natural bonus. There’s even a little protein from the pumpkin seeds.
Make a batch of these vegan raw espresso coffee cream bars for extra long days that never seem to end. Just keep them frozen until you need a chocolate and coffee fix. The sweet from the dates pairs perfectly with the salty crunch nut free crust. When sharing with friends and family, may want to mention it has a coffee and espresso. 😀
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅔ cup packed dates
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- pinch of salt optional
- 2 cups coconut cream (not milk)
- 4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp date paste
- 4Tbsp date paste
- 4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 4 tsp dutch cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2½ Tbsp dutch cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Coarsely chop dates with hot water in a food processor until small chunks remain. Add pumpkin seeds and chop until small pieces remain. Press mixture into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper and place in freezer.
- Combine date paste and coconut cream using a mixer. Break up any stubborn chunks of date paste with a fork. Mix until date paste is incorporated. Reserve ¼th of entire white base in a small bowl. Cover with plastic until needed. ( You may refrigerate but must be brought back to room temperature before adding to top of coffee filling)
- Begin with the remaining white base in the same bowl. Add in 4Tbsp of date paste, cocoa and espresso powder and mix until incorporated, breaking up date paste chunks.
- Pour mixture over frozen crust base. Place back into the freezer for 1-2 hours or until set before adding the next layer.
- Evenly spread reserved white base over entire coffee layer. Work quickly before cream hardens and sets. Place back in the freezer to firmly set up.
- Heat coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl. Mix in cocoa and immediately pour over espresso bars. You'll need to work quickly to create an even layer. Place back in freezer.
- Cut bars and enjoy! Keep in the freezer until needed.
Coffee and chocolate are a go-to treat for extra caffeine and energy. This bars are for adults and I would not suggest them for kids. (They have endless supplies of energy!) There is a jolt of caffeine in them so don't eat the entire pan and wonder why you cannot sleep later. 😉
Follow me for the latest news!
Some other thing you may like:
Healthy Dairy Free Fudge– no added oil
Homemade Nut Free 4 Ingredient Protein Energy Bars– dairy free vegan gluten free
Raspberry Bars Raw Vegan Gluten Free– dairy free