(aaannd now there’s a THIN crust to add to the BEST category)
The Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust- Vegan Egg Free
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
Ingredients makes 2 large crusts
- 2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose hybrid flour
- 1 3/4 cup water or milk of choice
- 1 packet or 2 1/2 tsp of dry active rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 T oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 3 tsp powdered pectin
- Heat liquid to 110 degrees. Add yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to start foaming.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Pour all wet ingredients. Mix by hand for 2 minutes (or use a stand mixer if you own one)
- Dough will be sticky. Grease hands lightly with oil. Scoop out and knead with your hands another 5 minutes on parchment paper or cutting board sprinkled with GF all purpose flour.
- Cover dough in the bowl and allow to rise about 25 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven for at least 25 minutes prior to baking with the baking sheet inside the oven (measure the parchment paper size before placing in oven)
- Deflate dough. Divide dough in half. Grease parchment paper with oil.
- Press dough into desired shape (shape doesn’t matter) making sure to keep dough approximately 1/8 inch thick for a chewy dough like crust. Prick with a fork to help eliminate bubbles.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and slide under pizza dough and place back into oven. (The hot pan really helps crisp and set the crust.)
- Bake for at least 8 minutes on the sheet. Move the crust directly on to the rack for the last 2 minutes if you want a crispy bottom.
- Repeat with the remaing dough.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes.