Summer calls for cool treats like Gluten Free Vegan Brownie Ice Cream Cups! Fill these chewy crisp brownie cups with any dairy free ice cream topped with dairy free coconut cream. Your guests will never suspect the brownies cups are not only dairy free but gluten free, egg free, soy free, nut free and Vegan.
Aaaah, Summer. Are you soaking up every last minute? Clearly, from the amount I’ve been posting, we’ve been enjoying the outdoors. But when we’re not having an activity like tennis or baseball things are starting to get ugly. And quickly.
You know what I mean. When the kids are constantly picking fights and whining for no apparent reason it’s a sure sign it’s time for school. As much as I long for school to start, I don’t want the schedule. Not that we don’t a schedule now, it’s just more flexible. The whole attitude of ‘what do you want to do today’ has a relaxed tone embedded into the day. The true essence of Summer break.
But all good things must end.
And if Summer’s ending, lets end it with ice cream!!! Actually, how about some Gluten Free Vegan Brownie Ice Cream Cups to be exact. No matter where you live, warmer weather means celebrating with ice cream. Dairy free ice creams are readily becoming popular in the grocery stores making life for allergy parents easier. Trader Joe’s even makes its own Coconut Ice Cream line, that’s really. stinking. good. And lets not forget So Delicious makes amazing ice creams too. Just look at my Gluten Free Samoa Ice Cream Cake. Sinfully good.
With all these convenient options in the grocery stores, I rarely find myself making my dairy free Blueberry Ice Cream and Dairy Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Guess that means more time for soaking up the sun.
Speaking of soaking up the sun, I have a ridiculous tan line from running. Running has become a big part of my Summer ritual too. Usually about this time I get the itch to attempt another half marathon. I’ve mentioned this before, but running and exercise is a stress reliever. Is it a coincidence by the end of Summer my milage creeps up to 8 miles runs? I think not.
Running more means I can eat more, right? Right. I’ll take 2 of these Gluten Free Vegan Brownie Ice Cream Cups…
- 1¼ cup gluten free basic white flour blend
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa
- ½ cup + 1.5 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3½ tsp guar gum
- pinch of salt
- Combine dry ingredients except sugar and set aside.
- Combine water, oil, vanilla and sugar. Mix well and allow to sit for at least 4 minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- Use a mixer to gradually combine the remaining dry ingredients. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into large greased muffin tin only half way up.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 15-17 minutes. Check the center around 15 minutes. (You want the center a little gooey and uncooked, it is easier to eat when frozen.)
- Take out of oven and immediately press down brownie centers with a small container or shot glass. Allow to fully cool before removing from pan. Freeze if not serving ice cream immediately.
- Scoop your favorite dairy free ice cream on top and drizzle with allergy friendly magic shell. Add a dollop of dairy free whipped cream with a real cherry on top. Store any leftovers in the freezer.
Fill with your favorite dairy free ice cream like my dairy free- Mint Chip, Chocolate Covered Strawberry or Blueberry Ice Creams.
If you make these ahead of time be sure to pull out of the freezer to thaw 5-10 minutes. And be careful with the real cherry and pits. Tell your guests no choking allowed! 😀
Follow me for the latest news!
Some other things you may like: