Easy healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Oat Bars. Grab these flourless blueberry bars for breakfasts or snacks. Packed with whole grain oats and refined sugar free using bananas instead.
Spring fever has caught us with hours to go until Spring Break officially starts! Can you tell I’m excited? 😀 If we were going somewhere I could totally make a batch of these gluten free blueberry breakfast oat bars to-go. But we’re not going anywhere. And I am still excited.
Things have been a bit rough around here lately and vacation (really stay-cation) seems like the perfect distraction. It’s a good excuse to get out and do things in town we normally don’t have time to do.
First up on our list: Indoor Racing. This could be really fun. Or, it could be disastrous. With our luck we would crash and end up in a cast for the remainder of Spring Break. But. Positive thoughts. We will have fun. Yes. We’ll go with that…
My boys have recently become interested in racing due to the game Forza Horizon 3. It’s an open, anything goes, driving game set in Australia. The game includes old classic cars but also incorporates new exotic cars like the Lamborghini Centenario and other fun Ferraris like the La Ferrari. There’s even off road monster toy trucks like the Baldwin Trophy that Ken Block drives. (Which BTW, you should totally YouTube his crazy drifting videos)
So while we’re dreaming about racing and enjoying time away from school hopefully I can get into the kitchen a bit more. We’ll see. I’ve made 2 batches of our favorite gluten free banana bread ready to enjoy Sunday morning (my son gave this up for lent) along with a zucchini chocolate chip banana bread version. Hopefully I can share that recipe soon.
And with that I’ll leave you with these healthy easy gluten free blueberry breakfast oat bars. The blueberry filling is ridiculously easy to conjure up and is refined sugar free.
Safe travels to all and we’ll talk more soon!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 2 Tbsps ground flaxseed
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup old fashion gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp oil-optional
- Thaw frozen blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with flaxseed, set aside until needed.
- Mash bananas with a fork and combine with other crust ingredients. Mix well until a loose dough forms. Reserve ¾ cup for top.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with oil and pour/spread crust evenly. Evenly pour blueberry mixture on top.
- Drop spoonfuls of reserved crust on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Follow me for the latest news!
Some other things you may like: